A Shinobi Tale
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The First Step

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kusatta

Kusatta

Chakra : 100
Character Age : 16
Ryo : 450

The First Step Empty
PostSubject: The First Step   The First Step EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 12:45 pm

The First Step Fa4tpj

And so the heroes had escaped the great tailed beast. They were few in number, and underpowered to the great abomination, but their hearts were long and strong. They would not give up on this world, or the next. This was the fate of this hero. This was the beginning of Kaseki.

"No, that's not right either." the girl crumpled up the page from the book. She was frustrated to no end. Her friend had encouraged her to write a story, just to express herself. It was in that manner that he believed she would finally have a story to make a mask out of. "GAH." She threw the book across the alleyway. She had taken refuge between two shops, in hopes to escape the judgement of her family. She was beyond angry with herself. She needed to relax.

Back to top Go down
http://landofchakra.forumotion.com/
Ishi

Ishi

Character Age : 20
Ryo : 761

The First Step Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First Step   The First Step EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 9:59 am

I coughed a few times, letting the dust out of my lungs. I'd spent the day on my hands and knees un-earthing a few artifacts of the Old World. It was nothing out of the ordinary; a few old coins, some broken shards to some pots, and a few scrolls that were too worn to read. I always assumed they were just logs of the events of the days, but I always wondered if there were some secret clans or jutsu that were just gone from the world because we didn't get to them in time. I took catalog of what was uncovered today and boxed it away. After checking the time, I smirked and grabbed my coat. It was time to be done with digging for the day. I grabbed a scroll that had me curious from a few days ago. It had the insignia of my clan on the outside and I was curious if it could contain a lead as to more of my clans secrets.

I'd been walking in the back allies avoiding the street vendors, trying to hack their fake goods to those who knew no different. It made a disgrace of my work. I didnt slave to uncover the history of The Ark for those who inhabited it only to have it hocked as cheap crap. As I rounded the corner to head to my favorite small cafe, I saw a girl sitting against the wall, tearing pages from a notebook, then throwing the book across the alley. I grabbed it and walked over to her. "I think you dropped this, kid. You alright?" I extended my arm to offer her the book.
Back to top Go down
Kusatta

Kusatta

The First Step Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First Step   The First Step EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 10:51 am

With her back against against the wall, her mind revisited the memories of her parents. How could her life have taken such a dramatic turn? Her father a respected artist and armorer. Her own mother was an adviser for the heads of the Ark. She was witty and analytical, like most people from her clan. Her eyes saw through the most persuading of lies and the many secrets behind people's motives. She was a prodigy, much like her husband, who went to war and always came back without a scratch.

To have her world shattered before her, just because her uncle wanted the eyes of his sister seemed so surreal. It was like living in a nightmare. But it was that moment that she rejoiced not having her mother's gift, for her eyes would have turned red with the anger of loss, and would have been another victim by her uncle.

"I think you dropped this, kid. You alright?" a man said, appearing at her side with the book in his hand. It was the same notebook that she wrote the few blurbs about the hero from another world in. It was odd to see it in the hands of another person.

She reached out and took the book from the man. She was in no mood to snatch it from him like she would have normally done. She was mentally drained thinking about what she could do to avenger her parents for the sake of her own self. "Thanks," she would say, "..And I'm fine." she would add on. It was odd to see someone come out to her like such, and just that alone she gave a hint of respect to. "Everyone's got a story..." she would say under her breath. "I can only wonder what yours is..." she would ponder in thought,
Back to top Go down
Ishi

Ishi

The First Step Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First Step   The First Step EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 11:27 am

The little girl grabbed the book from my hand, and for a moment, she seemed grateful. It was odd though, as she seemed very down on herself. I glanced around, looking at the pages strewn about the ground. Pages she'd torn from her book and thrown about, like it was nothing more than trash. I heard her mumble something about a story, but I couldn't quite make it out. She just looked so sad. I wasn't the type to take a break from my work, but I could maybe take ten minutes and get this girl a drink or something. "Hey, I'm on my way to a cafe, you want some coffee?" I scratched at my chin hairs for a moment as I awaited her response.
Back to top Go down
Kusatta

Kusatta

The First Step Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First Step   The First Step EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 11:45 am

She listened to his words, as if he was thinking about something more important than life itself. She would have seen and understood it, if her eyes held the tomoe of her clan, but rather, she picked it up just out of habit. There was something that made him important, if not now at that time and hour, then soon. He reached out and touched his chin, almost to think about the offer he extended the young girl.

"Sure." she replied, almost emotionless. It was not that she was trying to be cold to the man, but she found that he must have secrets tucked away in the depths of his own heart. It was true that the world they lived in was peaceful for the most part, but after having her own uncle kill her parents... to say she had trust issues was an understatement.

"I'm Kusatta." she spoke, "They call me Nightshade." she added on. It was not a title that many called her, but just something she felt like adding on. It just felt... right.
Back to top Go down
Ishi

Ishi

The First Step Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First Step   The First Step EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 12:07 pm

I smiled at the girl, moving my hand from my chin hairs to the back of my head, tightening the headband that held my clan emblem. I adjusted my bag on my back as well. "Alright, Nightshade, I think I'm gonna call you Kusatta, if that's ok with you. My name is Ishi, Ishi Torappa. Now, coffee time." That last part excited me. I could use a good cup of joe to help me look over my scroll. I motioned for the girl to follow and walked out of the alley, hoping she would follow. I made my way halfway down the block and cracked open the door, setting off the jingling of bells, I would then stand there, waiting for Kusatta to catch up.
Back to top Go down
Kusatta

Kusatta

The First Step Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First Step   The First Step EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 1:31 pm

"Torappa..." she repeated to herself.

She followed him to the neighboring cafe that seemed to be behind the wall she previously leaned on. It was a small business that seemed to do better than most would think. Kusatta trailed close behind the man, taking note of the scroll in his hand. It was a curious thing, almost as if it held secrest of the world before them. Perhaps he was a researcher, tending to the secrets of the world. Maybe he was a teacher, showing children how to use chakra.

"Ishi-Ssem," Kusatta began, "What is it that you do?" And with that, he pushed the door open, ringing the bells. The aroma of coffee beans fill the air. The girl became infatuated with the scent. She had never smelled it before. She no longer cared for the answer. She needed this... coffee.
Back to top Go down
Ishi

Ishi

The First Step Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First Step   The First Step EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 2:51 pm

I had pushed open the door, almost as soon as the chimes had finished, I heard the young girl speak. It was a fair question, and a common on at that. I walked toward the counter, pulling out my wallet as I did so. "Well, Kusatta, I am an archeaologist, like my father, and his father, and his father before that. It's sort of the family business." I paused for a second as I looked to the menu board, pretending to not know my order, even though I'd gotten a drink here everyday for years. I didn't even have to order, the owner handed me my large iced coffee with milk and sugar and I handed him my ryo in exact change. "Also, I'm buying for the girl." He nodded and focused his attention to her. "As an archaeologist, I study the ruins at the base of the Endless Tower, searching for the secrets of the old world. I one day hope to open the great doors to the Tower." I walked over to the corner booth and took a seat, sipping my coffee through the straw. I placed my scroll on the table, staring at the four diamonds that were on the clasp. Soon, I'd see what was inside.
Back to top Go down
Kusatta

Kusatta

The First Step Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First Step   The First Step EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 3:46 pm

She listened intensively to his words, trying to find every bit of information to be gained. His family seemed to be researchers, and with that, meant they were all well versed in the history of things. She watched as he walked up to the counter and thought about what to buy, only to have the owner sand him something. As he told him that he was getting a drink for her as well, the owner made a second cup, giving another iced coffee to Kusatta.

She followed him to their seats, only to watch him lay out the scroll and look at the contents of it. Though, on top she notices a strange symbol that she was sure to have seen before. He didn't open the scroll, but stared at it.

"My father used to write stories," she'd say, "Sometimes we would include secrets in them for his readers. Sometimes he would include the secrets of clans in them, like their hidden techniques or something." She took a seat across from him, also observing the scroll. "... And sometimes, when I wore his masks... It was like they decoded the world, revealing hidden messages..."

And so she waited... curious to find what was within the scroll.
Back to top Go down
Ishi

Ishi

The First Step Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First Step   The First Step EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 4:21 pm

I sat in the booth, my eyes fixed to the diamonds on the scroll. I listened to the words rolling from Kusatta's mouth, thinking to myself the whole time. It was becoming evident that people left hints within their writings as clues to the secrets they left behind. They've done this for generations, almost like a way to carry on a legacy for themselves, despite the finite timeline every human has.

"You know, now that you mention that, I've noticed that in past writings. I always see a trend within the writings from the past, all hinting at various things, ranging from clans to the chakra beasts of old, to the Tower and what secrets it holds. Mask's you say? Did your father create them? I'd love to take a look at them sometime, maybe study some of them to possibly uncover some secrets. Anyway, you see this?" I pointed to the diamonds on the scroll. "This is the logo of the Torappa, the clan I belong to. I unearthed the scroll from a small hidden chamber in the ruins at the base of the tower. My clan is fairly new; I'm only a second generation of the bloodline. I hope that I can one day uncover more secrets of the past members."

I touched the clasp of the scroll, feeling the raised logo of my clan. I snatched it into my hands and began to toy with it. I attempted to open it several time, but to my avail, I couldn't. I began to grow angry. I wanted to know the secrets it held inside. I tried a few more times to open it before I tried to give up. I glanced at it closely, feeling it with my hands. I felt a slight raise in the material, but there was no visable pattern on the scroll. I thought to myself for a moment, then surged some of my charka into the scroll. A seal revealed itself, but didn't pop. This was interesting. I was almost in awe. In all my years of studying the fuuinjutsu of my clan, I'd never seen a thing like this before. This was old, dated, something of the old Torappa. To me, this was an unbreakable seal.
Back to top Go down
Kusatta

Kusatta

The First Step Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First Step   The First Step EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 6:03 am

"He always made his own tools..." Kusatta continued, "From the masks to the kunai to even the very paper he wrote seals on. I do have one..." She reached out to her waist, only to grab hold onto a mask on her hip. It was covered in an odd cloth. She listened to his words about his own clan's history, only to miss his figiting of the scroll.

She lifted the armored mask above the table, staring at the tribal markings on the sides of the mask, and the many boxes hidden under the ivy. She placed it lightly on the table, only to have Ishi do something to the scroll, making it seem to glow. She wondered what kind of skills he knew, and if she could learn from him. Maybe he was some Bukijutsu expert who would take a liking to her father's arsenal. Maybe she would have a use after all. "So what's in the scroll?" she'd ask him, "... Do you think there's masks in the Tower?"

And she lifted the cup of iced coffee to her lips...
Back to top Go down
Ishi

Ishi

The First Step Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First Step   The First Step EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 7:06 am

I placed the scroll on the table and sighed, hearing her questions. I didn't know the answer to either, truthfully, but I thought for a moment, just imagining the possibilities of the inside of the tower. "I don't know what the scroll contains, it has a special seal on it that I have no idea how to break. I specialize in fuuinjutsu and I've never seen a think like this before." I stared at it more, then adjusted my view to the mask she held. I found it interesting, the sheer amount of detail placed within. Tribal markings and ivy covered boxes. It appeared that it had been delicately manufactured. I thought about it for a second, thinking back to several digs ago. I'd seen something similar to this, not style wise, but something that had the same amount of detail. "What is it that your father does? I think I've seen a mask this detailed before within an old tomb I was working in a few digs ago. It's very possible that there are masks within the Tower. No one truly knows what's inside, but the possibilities are as vast as the world."
Back to top Go down
Kusatta

Kusatta

The First Step Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First Step   The First Step EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 8:44 am

"My father?" she repeated, thinking about even just his name. Listening to Ishi's words she noted that he was good with seals. Being good in sealing, meant he was good at making the required seals, took an attention to detail, which in turn, meant to Kusatta, that he was an artist.

But the question of her father echoed off the walls of her mind. She thought long about it, unable to even recall his first name, or even her own mother. There was so little she knew about her parents, and so much to learn. She only remembered what her grandparents told her, as well as the old man that lived beside her grandparent's residence. "Your father was once a great hero." he would tell her. Kusatta would ask why it was a former thing for him to which he replied, "He gave up going to war for his wife. Then he sent others in place of himself for you."

"He was an arms dealer and an artist." She would say upon Ishi's question. She would listen to the rest before going on, "My grandfather told me he was someone who went to war with nothing but a knife, and came back with a cache of weapons and without a scratch or scrape on his body. " she listened to herself, as if she was telling a tall tale. "He makes armor and weapons mostly, like these masks... just like our ancestors..."
Back to top Go down
Ishi

Ishi

The First Step Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First Step   The First Step EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 10:20 am

I looked up from the mask to Kusatta, she looked puzzled, yet solemn and in deep thought. I would run my hand across the table and grab my coffee, taking a few sips while she talked about he father. From the sounds of it, he was a skilled shinobi, but the way she spoke implied she didn't know him, but if she did, she didn't know him well. I swallowed a large mouthful of coffee and cleared cleared my throat for a moment. I was interested in what she had said, especially after she mentioned ancestors. "Tell me more about your ancestors. Who were they, what did they do? I like to know this things. It helps me in my research and in my search for clues to the past. I uncover a lot of unknown and the more I know about the past, the more I can uncover now. It's how I found this scroll." I pulled out my research notes and places them on the table, ready to jot down some notes about a potential clan from the past.
Back to top Go down
Kusatta

Kusatta

The First Step Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First Step   The First Step EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 11:13 am

The taste, the glorious taste. The aroma of the drink seemed to satisfy her every urge, while giving her a boost of energy she never felt before. And so... she had her first does of caffeine.

Her young and curious eyes kept no forethought, and told the tale. "I never talked to my parents, mainly because I didn't want anything to do with them. My mother was a politician, and my father armed the army. My mother was Uchiha, which I'm sure you know much about, at least about the Sharingan." She paused, her body coursing with caffeinated energy. "There's nothing telling us how old the Kurada Clan is, all we know is that masks were used in ceremonies. Some have been known to make a new mask every day, and discard them at night. The clan is known to leave masks behind, hoping that the stories about them will continue. Like this one time, I took this wolf mask my dad made and..."

She looked back at her drink, only to find it was empty. She paused and looked at Ishi, "..What was this called again?"
Back to top Go down
Ishi

Ishi

The First Step Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First Step   The First Step EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 2:36 pm

I listened contently about the girls past. As I had guessed, the girl didn't have a good relationship with her parents. I had known of the Uchiha, I'd come across plenty about them in research, but not of the Kurada. Perhaps they were another clan to lose their way in the migration to the Ark, as had many clans. "So you're a family of story tellers? If each mask, has a special story, what's the story behind this boxed ivy mask you showed me? I don't think I've ever uncovered any masks like this, but I'm definitely going to keep my eyes open for them. Oh, it's coffee. More specifically iced coffee with milk and sugar. Want another?" I wait for her response as I finished jotting some notes in my research book. I wanted to know more about this clan.
Back to top Go down
Kusatta

Kusatta

The First Step Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First Step   The First Step EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 1:54 pm

She nodded hastily, wanting another cup. She was addicted to the feeling of ecstasy with her caffeinated self. She looked at the mask, and seemed to twitch, at least in her mind. He thought about Box Wood, the name she'd given the mask. She looked at the Undercoat, seeing all of the squares, only to think of the scroll's logo, though his was that of diamonds.

"He was someone who loved to hide." She began, "My father said he would hide in the back of caravans. He always found himself doing odd jobs for ill pay, and asked that his mask would keep him hidden from view. My father watched him one day, and listened to his tales, and the next day he made this mask. Then the man took the mask and went to war... and a year later someone else brought it back..." she thought about it, unable to recall the names from both people, something that began to irritate her. But it was a short tale... only to remember bits and pieces of the tale that the man told her father that night.
Back to top Go down
Ishi

Ishi

The First Step Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First Step   The First Step EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 2:49 am

I motioned for the shop owner to bring over another round of coffee, requesting to add it to my tab. I was so used to caffeine that it no longer affected me in a jittery way. In fact, I needed it just to be normal. Energy drinks, coffee, tea, and various flavors of soda filled my fridge and cabinets at home so I could work without impediment. I took a sip from the new cup. The coolness was refreshing, despite the fact that I wasn't a big coffee fan. I literally would only drink the same form of coffee, making it super sweet to block out the bitter taste. "That's an interesting story. It's much more interesting than the origins of my clan. My grandpa found a tomb with swords and scrolls inside and after enough research, he unlocked our clan potential of Fuuinjutsu combined with Kenjutsu. That's why I'm hoping this scroll contains some information about the origins in here. Not counting on it, but still."
Back to top Go down
Kusatta

Kusatta

The First Step Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First Step   The First Step EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 7:31 am

She nodded, unsure of what to say or do. There was more to this than she had hoped for, but it died when the scroll had failed to open. "So if you can't open it..." she began, "Is there someone who can?" She had been curious to find what was inside. She wondered if her grandmother would know anything about it, but she knew very little about what she did know. To Kusatta, she seemed like an old woman who had been aged out of sanity... but then she got an idea.

"Kabuto might know something..." She told him with hopes that she had at least part of the answer. "He's been looking at the tower since he could see. He might know of something to help you... even if it's just a little bit..."
Back to top Go down
Ishi

Ishi

The First Step Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First Step   The First Step EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 11:53 pm

I looked back down at the scroll, thinking about what could be on this inside. I also thought of what she said, I wasn't familiar with Kabuto and I'm pretty familiar with most of the well known researchers of Towers. "At this current moment, I have no clue how I'm going to open this damn thing. I'm teaching a basic Kenjutsu class on my next day off, and from there I'll probably go straight to the library and read up on this, see if I can find anything about it. For now, though, I just want to imagine what's on the inside." I picked up the scroll and spun it around, taking a glance at every little detail. The seal on this was beautiful, almost as if it was a piece of arm in itself.
Back to top Go down
Kusatta

Kusatta

The First Step Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First Step   The First Step EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 2:42 am

She sighed, finding that the man knew just as much about the scroll in that moment as she did. But then, maybe not...

"Kabuto's brother used to tell me stories about how there was a god that lived in the tower." Kusatta said, "Do you think a God made the Ark?"

It was a child's imagination, mixed in with myths and lore. Who was to know what was in that tower.
Back to top Go down
Ishi

Ishi

The First Step Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First Step   The First Step EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 9:08 am

"I'm not sure what I think is inside the tower. I've read scrolls dug up that have talked about god, the devil, angels and demons, traps and treasures, but nothing can be told for sure. I myself am obsessed with figuring it out. I have devoted much of my work to the tower, not only researching the clans and ruins that stem from it, but how to open the sealed doors. I believe that the tower holds the secret to being able to travel outside of the Ark. I feel it most holds the key to dealing with the chakra beasts of legend. Who knows if they even exist, but if they do, the tower holds the key." I looked down at the table and sighed, what did that damn tower hold inside? I wanted to know, so badly. Just like I wanted to know the contents of the scroll. This place held such mystery for the save haven of the shinobi.
Back to top Go down
Kusatta

Kusatta

The First Step Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First Step   The First Step EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 9:50 am

She finished her second cup in just a few seconds, the caffeine pouring into her body. She could feel herself begin to shake. "Sothenwedon'treallyknowanything?" she asked, all of her words coming out together, in one mess of words. "Thenlet'sgofindsomeonewhohastheansers!" she exclaimed, excited to find answers, as well as reacting to the large amounts of caffeine in her system. She wanted to know all about the tower. She wanted answers...

And maybe she could bring her parents back.
Back to top Go down
Ishi

Ishi

The First Step Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First Step   The First Step EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 2:22 pm

I laughed out loud as Kusatta spoke, she seemed a tad hyper now, I think it was time to cut her off. I forget that caffeine does this to people who aren't used to it. What I need to function on a basic level gets people hyper beyond their minds. Dependence is such an odd concept. "Alright, I think you've had enough, haha. I would say we should do some research, but I must get going actually. I have to prepare myself for the class I'm teaching tomorrow. Have this though, it's my business card, so if you find something of note, go ahead and contact me." I remained seated, taking another sip of my coffee. I was working on finishing it before I left, pondering in thought of what wonderous things this girl could dig up with these masks.
Back to top Go down
Kusatta

Kusatta

The First Step Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First Step   The First Step EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 3:17 pm

Kusatta's mind filled with the story of the hero "Yoshimitsu". It was a story that only Kabuto told her, and was something she promised to keep to herself... unless she had her answers. That hero was something of a myth, and she knew it, but the way her friend told the story, just made her believe it more and more.

She watched as the man got up from his seat only to find more questions instead of answers. Something that made the girl smile and give a giggle. He was a teacher, yet could not learn from the lesson at hand... to keep an open mind. Perhaps she would met again with the man to find answers, and perhaps even the few fairy tales would unfold into reality, but as always, Kusatta's personality brought it to a close.

"Then...I... Find it... Myself..." she said, dragging out the words to prevent from stuttering, "Have fun." she said. She wondered about the darkness that happened ages ago. The tower would be the key to finding out how to start another apocalypse... and with that, she would learn how to make a utopia.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The First Step Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First Step   The First Step Empty

Back to top Go down

The First Step
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Shinobi Tale :: RP Area :: The Ark-
Jump to: